Welcome autumn with the September 2026 Sunflowers & Lavender Journal, featuring seasonal inspiration, free desktop wallpapers, and cozy recipes.
A little seasonal hello from Sunflowers & Lavender as autumn arrives in Kansas.
Hello friends -
There’s something about the first real hint of autumn that makes you want to slow down a little.
Today is the first day of autumn, and here in Kansas, it actually feels like it. It’s foggy this morning, the temperatures have finally cooled off, and for the first time in a while, stepping outside doesn’t immediately feel like walking into an oven.
I’ll take it.
So grab a cup of coffee and settle in for the September edition of The Sunflowers & Lavender Journal.
Hello, Autumn
September always feels like a transition month to me. Summer isn't quite ready to leave, but autumn is beginning to make itself known.
The mornings feel different. The light changes. The air gets a little more comfortable. And suddenly I start thinking about cozy sweaters, warm drinks, candles, comfort food, and all the little things that make home feel especially nice this time of year.
That’s exactly the kind of inspiration I want The Journal to be about.
Not a giant list of everything happening on the internet. Just a little collection of things I've been enjoying, creating, cooking, and looking forward to.
A Little Beauty for Your Desktop
If you've been following along, you know that wallpapers are a pretty big part of Sunflowers & Lavender.
Lately I've been working on expanding the wallpaper collection with designs that are not only pretty, but actually useful for everyday life.
There are desktop organizers for keeping a busy screen a little more organized, minimalist designs for a calmer workspace, and seasonal collections for when you're ready to change things up.
And, of course, there are plenty of wallpapers for those of us who believe our computers deserve to look pretty too.
Something Cozy for the Table
Cooler weather also means I'm starting to think more seriously about comfort food.
One recent recipe review that feels particularly appropriate for the season is my Easy Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs .
Tender meatballs, rich savory gravy, and the convenience of the slow cooker? That's exactly the kind of dinner I want on a cool autumn evening.
I'll never complain about a dinner that can do most of the work while I'm doing something else.
More to Come This Fall
There's plenty more coming to Sunflowers & Lavender as we move into fall.
I'm continuing to add new desktop wallpapers and seasonal designs, along with more recipe reviews and everyday ideas that fit this little corner of the internet.
And I'm especially looking forward to giving The Journal room to grow.
Some months might be filled with recipes and wallpapers. Others might be more about seasonal inspiration, things I'm enjoying around the house, or something completely unexpected.
That's part of the fun.
This isn't meant to be a perfectly polished magazine.
It's more like a cup of coffee and a little catch-up.
And I'm glad you're here.
Until next time, keep your coffee warm, enjoy the changing season, and find a little beauty in your everyday.
— Tracy
Comments
Post a Comment