Easy Blackstone Chicken Fajitas Recipe Review
Restaurant-style chicken fajitas made on our new Blackstone Griddle with an honest review, cost breakdown, and beginner-friendly cooking tips.
🌻 Sunflowers & Lavender Recipe Review
✔ Kitchen Tested
✔ Blackstone Griddle Tested
✔ Honest Review
✔ Kitchen Keep Status: 🌻 Yes
🌻 Recipe Snapshot
15 minutes
2 hours
10 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
8
Blackstone Griddle
🌻 From My Kitchen
We recently purchased a 28-inch Blackstone Griddle, and one of the first meals I knew I wanted to make was chicken fajitas. There is something about sizzling chicken, colorful peppers, and onions on a hot griddle that just feels like the perfect first Blackstone dinner.
I decided to try this recipe for a Sunday dinner, but what I love about it is that it can easily become a weeknight meal. The only step that takes a little planning is marinating the chicken. Preparing it the night before makes dinner the next day incredibly simple.
What surprised me most was how easy this recipe was from start to finish. The marinade came together quickly, the Blackstone made cooking everything at once simple, and the finished fajitas tasted like something we would normally order at a restaurant.
My husband and I both loved this meal. His comment was that it was “just as good as the restaurant but not near the cost.” He does the grocery shopping, and he estimated the entire meal cost us around $15.
We had enough food that we enjoyed it again the following night, which made this recipe an even bigger win in our kitchen. This is definitely a recipe we will make again.
🌻 Ingredients for Easy Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
🌮 Chicken Marinade
- ½ cup avocado oil or your favorite high heat oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into ¼-inch strips
🌮 Fajita Ingredients
- Oil for the Blackstone griddle
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 8 corn or fajita-sized flour tortillas
🌮 Favorite Toppings
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Tomatoes
- Cilantro
- Salsa or pico de gallo
🌻 Recipe Inspiration
This recipe was inspired by Wendy Polisi’s Blackstone Fajitas recipe . I made this version in my own kitchen using our new 28-inch Blackstone Griddle and am sharing my honest experience, changes, and review.
🌻 How to Prepare Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
1. Prepare the Marinade
Combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a mason jar or blender. Shake or blend until the marinade is well combined.
2. Marinate the Chicken
Place the sliced chicken in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the top. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
My shortcut: This is the perfect step to do the night before. Preparing the chicken ahead of time makes this an easy weeknight dinner.
3. Prepare the Blackstone
Heat your Blackstone Griddle to medium-high heat and lightly brush the surface with oil.
4. Cook the Chicken and Vegetables
Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
Add the onions and peppers to one side of the griddle and the chicken to the other. Cook for about 6–9 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables have a beautiful lightly charred finish.
5. Warm the Tortillas
Warm the tortillas on the Blackstone for about one minute before serving.
🌻 Serve and Enjoy
Serve the grilled chicken and vegetables in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings. We enjoyed ours with cheese, sour cream, and fresh pico de gallo.
🌻 My Honest Review of Easy Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
I have to say, this recipe was much easier than I expected. Since this was one of the first meals we made on our new 28-inch Blackstone Griddle, I was a little nervous about cooking everything at once. But honestly, it could not have gone smoother.
The marinade came together quickly, and once the chicken was ready, the actual cooking process was fast and simple. Watching the chicken, peppers, and onions cook together on the Blackstone was not only easy—it was fun.
The biggest surprise was just how much this tasted like a restaurant meal. My husband said these fajitas were “just as good as the restaurant,” and that was a pretty big compliment coming from him.
The best part? We enjoyed a generous dinner and still had enough leftovers for another meal. For our household, that makes this recipe an even bigger win.
🌻 What Worked Well
- Simple preparation: The marinade was easy to mix together with ingredients we already had.
- Blackstone cooking: The griddle made it easy to cook the chicken and vegetables at the same time.
- Restaurant flavor at home: The smoky char from the Blackstone really elevated the meal.
- Great leftovers: The amount of food made this perfect for another dinner.
- Affordable family meal: My husband estimated the whole meal cost around $15.
🌻 Changes I Made
I made a couple of small substitutions based on what I had available in my kitchen.
- I used canola oil instead of avocado oil.
- I skipped the cayenne pepper because we did not have any on hand.
Even with those small changes, the flavor was still delicious. The chicken was seasoned well, and the combination of peppers, onions, and marinade created a really satisfying meal.
🌻 Would I Change Anything Next Time?
Honestly, I would make this recipe almost exactly the same way again.
The only thing I may experiment with next time is adding a little more variety to the toppings. A little extra salsa, fresh cilantro, or additional lime would be delicious.
But the recipe itself? It is already a keeper.
🔥 Blackstone Beginner Notes
If you are new to cooking on a Blackstone like we are, this recipe is a great place to start.
The large cooking surface makes it easy to separate the chicken from the vegetables while still letting everything cook together. The high heat creates those beautiful charred edges that make fajitas taste like they came straight from a restaurant.
My biggest tip: prep everything before you start cooking. Once the Blackstone is hot, everything moves quickly.
☕ Coffee Break
If you are anything like me, a good meal is not just about the food—it is about the memory attached to it.
This dinner was one of those fun “firsts” with our new Blackstone. There is something special about learning a new cooking tool and finding a recipe that makes you excited to use it again.
🌻 What to Serve With Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas are one of those meals that are easy to customize. We kept ours simple, but there are so many ways to make this a complete dinner.
- 🌮 Warm tortillas (flour or corn)
- 🧀 Shredded cheese
- 🥑 Guacamole or sliced avocado
- 🍅 Fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 🥗 A simple side salad
- 🍚 Mexican rice or seasoned rice
- 🫘 Refried beans or black beans
For us, the toppings are what make fajitas feel like a restaurant meal at home. Everyone can build their own exactly how they like it.
🌻 Leftover Chicken Fajita Ideas
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it makes enough for another meal. The leftovers were just as good the second night.
- 🌯 Make chicken fajita quesadillas
- 🥗 Add the chicken and peppers to a salad
- 🍚 Serve over rice for a fajita bowl
- 🌮 Use leftovers for tacos or wraps
The flavors hold up really well, which makes this recipe a great option for meal prep or busy weeks.
🌻 Who This Recipe Is Best For
I think this recipe is a great fit for:
- ✔ Busy families looking for an easy dinner
- ✔ Empty nesters who want leftovers without making complicated meals
- ✔ Beginner Blackstone cooks
- ✔ Anyone who loves restaurant-style meals at home
- ✔ Meal planners who enjoy preparing ahead
The only planning required is the chicken marinade, and that can easily be done the night before.
🌻 Sunflowers & Lavender Kitchen Scorecard
⭐ Ease of Preparation: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐ Flavor: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐ Budget Friendly: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐ Leftovers: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐ Blackstone Friendly: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🌻 Overall Rating: Kitchen Keep
🌻 Would I Make This Again?
Absolutely! This recipe has already earned a permanent spot in our meal rotation.
It was easy to prepare, fun to cook on the Blackstone, budget-friendly, and most importantly—my husband and I both enjoyed it. That combination makes it a winner in our kitchen.
For around $15, we had a restaurant-style dinner with plenty left over for another meal. I would happily make these Blackstone Chicken Fajitas again.
🌻 More Chicken Recipes to Try
If you enjoy easy chicken dinners, you may also like:
🌻 Final Thoughts: Are These Blackstone Chicken Fajitas Worth Making?
If you are looking for an easy, flavorful meal that feels a little special without the restaurant price tag, I highly recommend trying these Blackstone Chicken Fajitas.
This recipe was one of our first meals on our new Blackstone Griddle, and it was the perfect choice. It was simple enough for beginners, but the finished flavor felt like something we would order when eating out.
The combination of tender marinated chicken, charred peppers and onions, warm tortillas, and your favorite toppings makes this a meal everyone can customize.
For our family, this one is staying on the menu. It was easy, affordable, delicious, and gave us leftovers for another meal—which is exactly what I look for in a recipe.
🌻 Recipe Credit
This recipe was inspired by: Wendy Polisi’s Blackstone Fajitas Recipe
I always believe in giving credit to the original recipe creator. This post shares my personal experience, changes I made, and my honest review after making this recipe in my own kitchen.
🌻 Join the Sunflowers & Lavender Kitchen
Love easy recipes, honest reviews, and simple ideas that make everyday life a little easier?
Join my newsletter and get new recipes, reviews, and cozy kitchen inspiration delivered to your inbox.
🌻 Subscribe Here🌻 From my kitchen to yours, I hope this recipe brings a little comfort, a little simplicity, and maybe even a new family favorite.
If you make these Easy Blackstone Chicken Fajitas, I would love to hear what toppings you added and whether your family loved them as much as we did!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment